Unhappy With Your Personal Injury Solicitor?
If you are unhappy with the way your personal injury claim is being handled, you have the right to transfer your case to another personal injury solicitor.
It is a common misunderstanding that a person cannot change injury solicitors, or that it will be difficult or that it will cost. This is not the case. We regularly have cases transferred to us and commonly take over many claims started by other firms.
The most common reasons that people transfer their cases to us to take over include:
- Concern over the experience of their solicitor and/or the firm
- Poor levels of service and communication
- Lack of focus on the injured person’s needs and wellbeing
Transferring your claim to Freeclaim personal injury solicitors
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, contact Freeclaim Solicitors for advice on changing your solicitor, or to receive independent legal advice about your personal injury claim.
- Are you unhappy with how your compensation claim is proceeding?
- Do you believe you have received poor service from your solicitor?
- Are you unhappy with the advice you have been given over the prospects of your claim, or the likely value?
- Are you unhappy with the advice you have been given about making or accepting an offer in settlement of your case (or upon an apportionment of liability/contributory negligence)?
- Do you feel that your personal injury solicitor does not listen to you, or that you have no control or say in the running of your claim?
- Do you feel your claim is being handled by a large “claims factory”?
Freeclaim personal injury solicitors can also help you if you have been advised that your claim is being transferred to another company.
- Have you been told that your case is being transferred to another firm? This may be because the personal injury department or firm is closing down completely, or has been bought out (amalgamated) with another company. Remember you have the freedom to choose the firm of solicitors that you would like to carry on with the conduct of your case. You do not have to stay with the new firm or company that has been recommended.
- Are you unhappy with the way in which your case has been dealt with by the previous firm and therefore have no confidence in the firm they recommend to take over the conduct of your case?
- Have you received a letter from the Law Society, Solicitors Regulation Authority or an Administrator advising you that your solicitors are being wound up? Again in this situation, you do not have to agree with your case being transferred to the new proposed solicitors. You have the freedom of choice to contact any new solicitors of your choosing.
- Do you feel that your case is being transferred from pillar to post and would like another firm of solicitors to independently review your case and take over conduct?
For further advice about transferring your injury claim
At Freeclaim Solicitors, we have an excellent track record of taking over and settling claims that other solicitors have rejected or turned down or where clients have been unhappy with the way their claim is continuing. We can guide you through the process of your claim, ensuring you are kept updated and fully informed throughout. As an independent firm of solicitors with over 25 years’ experience, you can be assured that we only act in your best interests.
If you would like no obligation advice on transferring your personal injury claim to Freeclaim Solicitors, please call 0800 612 7340 today to speak to one of our specialist personal injury solicitors. Alternatively, you can fill in our online enquiry form and we’ll call you back.