Slips, Trips and Falls Claims
Trips, slips and falls are amongst some of the most common causes of personal injury in the UK. It is very easily done, but some slips and falls can cause serious, life changing injuries. These can include anything from broken bones to more serious injuries such as head, brain or spinal injuries. The more serious injuries caused by a tripping accident can have a devastating effect on your life. Your injury could force you to give up your job, or leave you with limited mobility.
If you have been injured as a result of a slip, trip or fall, get in touch with Freeclaim Solicitors. You may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Call our slip, trip or fall compensation solicitors on 0800 612 7340. We can assist you on a no win no fee basis, which means there’s no risk and nothing to pay if you lose.
Trips, slips and falls compensation – can I claim?
The majority of trips, slips and falls compensation claims are normally due to accidents caused by defective pavements on a public highway, slips in shops and supermarkets, playground accidents or trips and falls on private property or in council houses and trips and slips in the workplace.
However, other tripping accidents that can happen on public property, private property or in the workplace are most commonly due to the following:
- Poorly maintained pavements
- Unmarked wet floors
- Oil spills
- Public playgrounds
- Snow and ice
Employers, local authorities and land owners should ensure that people are safe from harm whilst on their property. If they fail to do so, they may be liable to compensation claims from those who have been injured.
In the majority of cases, local authorities and landowners have a duty to inspect and maintain their land or property to a reasonable and safe standard and we would need to show that they had failed in their duty to regularly inspect and maintain the area.
Our tripping accident solicitors will establish whether the land owners have failed in their duty to keep the area safe and well maintained. It is important that you seek legal advice as soon after your accident as possible. We have been recovering compensation for trips, slips and falls for over 30 years.
For free, no obligation advice, call 0800 612 7340 or fill in our online enquiry form.
Slip, Trip and Fall Compensation Case Studies
- Mr S fell down an open grid and sustained an undisplaced fracture to his leg, also causing him to change his career as a result of ongoing mobility problems. Freeclaim Solicitors helped Mr S with his tripping accident claim and he received £8,000 compensation.
- Mr B suffered injury and broke his ankle after tripping on a path on a council estate. He received £21,525 in accident compensation.
- Mrs C worked as a promotions manager when she had a slipping accident at work due to the wrong cleaning products being used. Freeclaim Solicitors helped with her slipping accident claim and she received £2,800 compensation.
- Ms B had a nasty fall, fracturing her leg and developing DVT. After a lengthy compensation battle with the council, Freeclaim Solicitors helped her win her case and she received £7,500.