Brain Injury Claims
Head and brain injuries can cause devastating effects, not only on your family life, but also on your working life and day to day activities, as well as on the lives of your close family and friends. They can lead to both physical and psychological problems.
If you suffer a brain injury through no fault of your own, you and your family deserve compensation for your injuries. But in the immediate aftermath of the injury, you need to be assured you are receiving the best possible treatment and ongoing support.
Because of the severity of such injuries, it is crucial that you speak to a specialist brain injury claims lawyer. An experienced lawyer will be able to help not only with your claim, but they should ensure early treatment and support services to get you back on the road to recovery as soon as possible.
At Freeclaim Solicitors, we are accredited members of Headway’s directory of solicitors with proven experience in handling brain injury claims. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your own claim and/or that of a loved one.
There’s no cost to enquire – all consultations are free and you will speak to one of our experienced brain injury solicitors.
Call today on 0800 612 7340 or contact us online and we’ll call you straight back.
Our approach to brain injury compensation
When you instruct Freeclaim Solicitors to handle your brain injury compensation claim, you will receive the very best legal advice and representation from a team of specialists drawing on over 30 years’ of experience. Our specialist brain injury solicitors will fight tirelessly to claim the compensation you deserve.
We approach every case with the utmost compassion, keeping your best interests and the interests of your loved ones at the heart of everything we do.
Our approach to brain and head injury claims can be summarised in the following 3 steps:
1) To provide a specialist and tailored legal approach to your needs and your claim.
2) To provide ongoing support to you and your loved ones.
3) To work with leading experts and ensure a programme of early rehabilitation and recovery is put in place as soon as possible (including medical treatment and therapies, finding suitable housing, transport or equipment as required etc.).
Our aim is to not only get you the compensation you deserve, but to help you recover more quickly and get your life back on track.
You can be assured of receiving a bespoke service, tailored to your specific needs and requirements.
Symptoms of brain injuries
If you have been in an accident and are experiencing the following symptoms, you may have suffered a brain injury:
- Seizures or fitting
- Visual problems
- Bleeding or discharge from the ears or nose
- Limb paralysis or weakness – unable to use your arms/legs
- Problems hearing, speaking or being understood
- Slower speed of thought
- Changes in sense of smell, taste or touch
- Memory loss
- Emotional instability – mood swings, depression
- Difficulty with co-ordination and balance
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is very important that you seek medical help as soon as possible.
The severity of a brain injury will be considered by medical experts and are usually classified into the categories of minor, moderate or severe. The complexity of the brain and the effect of such injuries to the brain, mean that the severity of the symptoms and recovery can vary dramatically between different people.
Brain injuries can leave you with physical injuries, as well as cognitive injuries, such as problems with memory, a low attention span and changes to personality. These injuries and changes can have just as big an impact, if not more than physical ones. You deserve to get the best form of treatment for these injuries and the compensation you deserve.
Brain injury compensation – What can I claim for?
You can not only claim compensation for the pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of your injuries, but also for any losses you have incurred as a result of your accident. This can include loss of pay due to absence from work, as well as any future earnings if you are not able to return to work.
Our aim is not only to meet your immediate needs, but ensure all future needs, including rehabilitation programmes, modifications to your home as required or other support aids and any ongoing care is covered by your brain injury claim.
By contacting us you will also benefit from:
- A full investigation into who is to blame for your accident.
- Early interim payments to help your financial circumstances and a focus on early treatment and support.
- Other advice on potential benefits and financial help you may now be entitled to.
We offer expert legal advice and representation for the following brain injuries:
- Brain contusions
- Closed head injuries
- Penetrating head injuries
- Diffuse brain injuries
- Haematoma injuries, including epidural and intracerebral haematoma injuries
If you have suffered a brain injury, it’s vital you contact our specialist head injury solicitors today. The earlier you contact us, the earlier we can help get you on the path to recovery and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact us online or call today for free expert legal advice on 0800 612 7340. Our helpline is open 24 hours a day and all enquiries are free with no obligation.
We have successfully brought about many high value brain injury claims recovering millions of pounds in compensation for those affected by serious head injuries (click here to see our recent serious injury case studies for further information).
We are also proud of our accreditations and memberships, demonstrating our experience in personal injury and serious injury claims, including:-
- Membership of the Headway Directory of solicitors with proven experience in brain injury claims.
- Membership of the Brain and Spinal Injury Centre (BASIC) Panel of Solicitors showing expertise in brain and spinal compensation claims.
- Recommended as leading personal injury solicitors by the Legal 500.
- Membership of the Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel.
- Membership of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
- Membership of the Motor Accident Solicitors Society (MASS).