Pedestrian Accident Claims
Pedestrians – particularly children – are one of the most vulnerable groups of road users in the UK, with pedestrian accidents accounting for around 24% of all road fatalities. While there is plenty pedestrians can do to take care on the road such as following the Green Cross Code, ensuring their visibility and refraining from using headphones or mobile phones, in many incidents drivers simply won’t be paying due care and attention, and an accident will happen.
Pedestrian accidents can result in extremely serious injuries including broken bones, spinal injury and brain injury. These kinds of injuries can leave you unable to go back to work and can result in a complete change to your day-to-day life. Not being able to return to work can cause financial difficulties and result in further strain being put on you and your loved ones.
It is important that you speak to a solicitor who has proven expertise in complex cases, as often pedestrian accidents can lead to life changing, serious injuries. You need to make sure that your solicitor has the highest level of experience and specialist skills to successfully deal with your claim, as well as helping you with much needed support.
Freeclaim Solicitors can help you, or a loved one, if you have sadly been involved in a road accident as a pedestrian. We understand that no amount of money can make up for the serious injuries and trauma you have sustained, but a claim for compensation can help you to get your life back on track. Compensation will not only compensate you for any loss of earners you may have incurred as a result of your accident, but also any future loss of earners you may experience too. As well as this, compensation can help with the cost of private medical treatment which could help you to recover from your injuries and get your life back to normal.
To discuss your pedestrian accident claim with one of our road traffic accident solicitors, call today on 0800 612 7340 or you can fill in our online road accident enquiry form and we’ll call you back to discuss your claim.
Freeclaim have a specialist team of solicitors who will treat your case with sensitivity and compassion. We have a track record of success winning numerous high value pedestrian claims, as well as helping clients and their families with treatment, rehabilitation and long term support. We operate on a no win, no fee basis, so there is no financial risk to you, and we will fight to ensure you are awarded the maximum amount of compensation.
Making a pedestrian accident claim
When you make a claim in a pedestrian accident case, it is important to have as much evidence as possible to prove that it was someone else’s fault. If you are able, get the contact details of the driver and any witnesses and make sure you have reported the incident to the police. You should also have your injuries assessed by a medical professional as soon as possible after the accident.
In most cases the driver of the vehicle in a pedestrian accident will stop, but on rare occasions the accident will become a hit and run. If the police are able to trace the driver, Freeclaim Solicitors will proceed as we normally would with a pedestrian accident claim. If the driver remains untraced, we can still help you make a claim against the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). This is an organisation set up to deal with claims on behalf of victims who have been injured by uninsured or untraceable drivers.
Pedestrian Accident Compensation – Our Approach
Our road accident solicitors have a proven, expert and extremely caring approach to help clients and their families to claim compensation after a pedestrian accident.
All enquiries are completely free with no obligation. You will be able to discuss your pedestrian accident claim (or a family member’s claim) in complete confidence with an experienced senior solicitor directly. We will discuss your claim and also discuss our treatment/rehabilitation and additional support services with you and your family.
The sooner we are instructed to handle your claim, the sooner we will be able to start making a difference. Our solicitors work with a network of trusted experts and case managers to look at your case in absolute detail, ensuring your needs are met, including for example, physical needs, rehabilitation needs and accommodation needs.
As well as meeting immediate requirements, your solicitor will fully investigate the accident, building evidence for your claim. We try to secure an early admission of liability and secure early financial assistance in the form of an interim compensation payment, whilst ensuring the rightful amount of pedestrian accident compensation is achieved.
Common pedestrian accident claims
Freeclaim Solicitors have over 30 years’ experience successfully claiming compensation for pedestrians involved in road accidents. Common claims include cases where:
- The driver was speeding
- The driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- The driver ignored traffic lights
- The driver was distracted by someone else in the car
- The driver was texting or talking on their mobile phone
- The driver simply was not paying attention to the road
Whether the driver stops after the accident or not, Freeclaim Solicitors will be able to help you claim the compensation you deserve to help get your life and health back in order.
Why choose us?
Choosing Freeclaim Solicitors for your pedestrian accident claim:
- With over 30 years’ experience in road traffic accident claims you can be assured of our specialist expertise.
- We are recommended by the Legal 500 and accredited members of Headway (a directory of solicitors experienced in handling head injury claims).
- For more serious accidents, we have a track record of success in handling large, complex, multimillion pound settlements.
- Our approach with clients and their families is always committed, compassionate, dedicated and professional.
Start Your Claim
All consultations are free and thereafter we offer no win no fee on all road accident claims, therefore there’s no financial risk to you.
To speak to one of our specialist pedestrian accident solicitors, call on 0800 612 7340, or use our online pedestrian accident contact form and we’ll call you back.
We will handle your case with the care and understanding it deserves, and keep you informed throughout so that the process never becomes overwhelming during a time when you are already dealing with a lot.
Pedestrian Accident Compensation Case Studies
Here are just a few examples of pedestrian accident claims we have dealt with:
- Mrs C was crossing a side road when a car turned and struck her. She sustained a fracture to her finger and toe, as well as to her hand and an injury to her shoulder. This resulted in ongoing problems with reduced grip in her hand, as well as pain and limited movement in her shoulder. She received over £12,000 in pedestrian accident compensation.
- Ms F suffered serious head injuries when she was knocked down crossing a road. Her brain injury has resulted in a number of ongoing problems including impaired use of one side of her body, poor memory and personality change. Although liability was denied throughout, Freeclaim Solicitors arranged for our client to be assessed by a neuropsychologist to provide recommendations for treatment and rehabilitation and successfully negotiated a higher than expected settlement for our client of over £466,000 (before a reduction for contributory negligence).
- Mrs P was involved in a pedestrian accident when she was working as a lollipop lady. She was in the middle of the road stopping traffic for children to cross, when the Defendant continued to move forward and struck her. The Defendant denied liability and said our client fell onto the bonnet of the car. After negotiations Freeclaim Solicitors settled the case and our client was awarded £9,000 for her pedestrian accident claim.