Professional Negligence Claims
If you feel that your personal injury claim has been mishandled, or you are unhappy with the service or legal advice that you have received, we would be happy to review your claim at no obligation or cost to you. We have specialist solicitors who can help with professional negligence claims even where the injury claim has finished.
Solicitors owe a duty of care when acting for you, which includes acting in your best interests. It is also important to understand that it is your case, not your solicitor’s; and it is their duty to ensure that at each stage of your claim, you fully understand what is happening and the options available to you.
Your solicitor must act upon your instructions, but unfortunately many clients approach us to take over conduct of their accident claim because they have felt that their solicitor has not acted upon their instructions. Of course, it is for your personal injury solicitor to guide you through the process, but when an accident claim reaches one of the many stages where there are various options, ultimately it is for the client to make the decision and not the solicitor.
More about personal injury professional negligence compensation claims
The personal injury market has undergone many changes recently which has resulted in a significant amount of firms ceasing to trade or closing their personal injury department, and also the emergence of large scale operations, including alternative business structures. Some firms of solicitors are also being bought out by insurance firms and other non-legal corporations. It may be the case that the service you have received has been so poor that you have a professional negligence claim.
Professional Negligence – mishandled injury claims
Professional negligence claims can be brought against a solicitor after your original accident claim has finished. All solicitors have a duty of care to their clients and if they fail in this duty of care, then you may be able to claim damages from them for financial loss to yourself.
If you feel that your compensation claim has been mishandled, we have experienced solicitors who could help you with a professional negligence claim.
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, you may be able to make a professional negligence claim.
- Has your case been closed by your solicitors who have said that your claim has poor prospects of success?
- Has your case been closed because of a mistake made by your solicitor? This could include your case being “struck out” by the Court (as they have not complied with the Court Rules or deadlines), your case could not proceed because the 3 year limitation period has expired, or that proceedings were not served in time?
- Have you been advised by your solicitor that they have made an error or mistake with your claim? They are legally obliged to inform you if a mistake is made.
- Are you unhappy with the amount of compensation you have received and believe your claim has been under valued?
- Do you feel that no consideration was given to the seriousness and implications of your ongoing pain and symptoms? This could include checking to see whether you did recover in line with what the medical expert said in their report.
- Were you advised of the option of waiting to see whether your injury did improve as expected by the medical expert before settling your claim?
- Do you feel that certain injuries or losses and expenses were completely missed by your solicitor?
- Do you consider that your solicitors have been professionally negligent in the way in which they handled/settled your compensation claim?
Making a professional negligence compensation claim
Professional negligence is a complex area of law requiring specific litigation experience and expertise. Our professional negligence lawyers can review your claim and give you independent advice.
Our professional negligence claims solicitors receive enquiries on a weekly basis from clients who are unhappy with the service they are receiving or have received from their personal injury solicitors.
Freeclaim Solicitors has a long history of dealing with professional negligence claims and taking over personal injury claims where clients have been unhappy with their previous legal advisors. Our professional negligence lawyers have also come into the media spotlight, due to our involvement in professional negligence class actions against firms who were formerly on the panels of Claims Direct and the Accident Group.
If you have been unfortunate enough to have received negligent advice or a negligent service from your injury solicitor, we can help. Freeclaim Solicitors have over 30 years’ experience and have the legal expertise to help with complex professional negligence claims.
Call today on 0800 612 7340 for no obligation advice on starting a professional negligence claim or contact us online.
We can also help where you injury claim is ongoing and you are unhappy with the way it is being handled. For further information on transferring your claim, click here.