Criminal Injuries Compensation
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is a Government organisation which provides compensation for blameless victims of violent crime. Whether you have been physically and/or mentally injured, you may be able to obtain criminal injuries compensation.
At Freeclaim Solicitors, we have a specialist team who can help you make a claim after a serious injury. Our solicitors have over 25 years’ experience and are compassionate and understanding of the distress a criminal attack or assault can cause. Our criminal injuries solicitors will collect the evidence and help make a claim to the criminal injuries compensation scheme to ensure you receive maximum compensation.
To start your claim, call today on 0800 612 7340 or fill in our online enquiry form and one of our dedicated team will call you back.
About criminal injuries compensation
Under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme 2012, it is the CICA who will assess if you qualify for compensation. Compensation awards can range from £1,000 to a maximum £500,000.
There are certain conditions which must be met before you can start a claim, including:
- You must report the incident to the police as soon as reasonably possible. Any delay that is unreasonable may result in rejection of your criminal injuries claim.
- You must also have behaved reasonably and co-operate with the police and the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. Criminal records may be taken into account and in some instances you will not be eligible to claim at all.
- You must normally be a UK resident or member of the EEA (European Economic Area).
- Your injuries must meet the minimum award of £1000.
- There is a two year deadline for claiming (although this can be waived in specific circumstances, particularly in sexual abuse claims).
If you have been assaulted or attacked at work, we can also advise on whether you can make a claim against your employer.
To find out more, speak to our criminal injuries compensation solicitors today. Many claims are initially rejected by the CICA – however our specialist solicitors will be able to help and advise on bringing a successful claim.
If you’ve suffered a serious injury, we can advise you and help take the stress out of making a claim. Call our CICA helpline on 0800 612 7340 or fill in our enquiry form and we’ll call you back.