The holiday season is fast approaching and many people will be jetting off to places near and far to take a break. If you are planning to take a break abroad this summer, here are Freeclaim Solicitors top tips to staying safe and avoiding accidents and illness whilst you are away.
1. Drink plenty of bottled water – water standards abroad are quite often not up to the same standards as in the UK. Avoid drinking tap water and only use bottled water to avoid illness from dirty water. Ensure you drink plenty of water to keep hydrated in the sun.
2. Watch out for poorly maintained pools – poorly maintained pools and unclean water can cause accidents and illness. Uneven or cracked tiles in and around pools can cause hazards and lead to accidents occurring. Murky or unhygienic water can cause many different illnesses.
3. Ensure you have the correct vaccinations – make sure you check the guidelines for recommended vaccinations for your holiday destination. You can do this by making an appointment to speak to your doctor or nurse to check whether you require any vaccinations or medications for your trip. Ensure you do this well in advance, as some courses of medication or vaccinations need to be implemented a few weeks before you go away.
4. Seek shade – staying out in the sun at the hottest part of the day or for too long can cause dehydration and sun stroke. Spending time in the shade can avoid these problems and also try to avoid the midday sun, when it is at its hottest. 5. Stay hydrated and keep moving on long flights – make sure you keep drinking fluids whilst you are on your flight and keep a bottle of water with you. On long haul
5. Stay hydrated and keep moving on long flights – make sure you keep drinking fluids whilst you are on your flight and keep a bottle of water with you. On long haul flights it is important to keep mobile and move around to ensure good blood flow to all parts of the body.
6. Avoid street food – food hygiene standards can be questionable when abroad. Avoid food prepared and cooked on markets or streets to avoid the risk of food poisoning. If you are going to eat out, ensure the restaurant is clean and up to food regulation standards.
About holiday accident compensation claims
We hope that wherever you are travelling to this summer you enjoy your holiday and stay safe. If you are unlucky enough to have been injured in an accident whilst on holiday, or suffer illness due to poor food or water standards, we can help you claim holiday accident compensation. Freeclaim Solicitors are experts in holiday accident claims.
With over 30 years’ experience, we can fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve. Holiday accident claims can be extremely complex, so you need a solicitor who has the expertise to deal with your claim. To speak to one of our specialist solicitors, call us FREE today on 0800 612 7340.