Holiday Accident Claims
Everyone looks forward to their holiday abroad and daydreams about the perfect break relaxing in the sun. However accidents can and do happen, causing illness or injury with potentially life-changing results.
Incidents can range from road accidents abroad and accidents suffered at your hotel, to illnesses such as food poisoning and injuries sustained whilst taking part in excursions. These can ruin your holiday abroad, causing you to miss out on days or weeks while you recover and leave you out of pocket. Even worse, if the injury is serious, it could cause ongoing problems when you return home, resulting in loss of earnings, changes to your lifestyle and a reduction in your quality of life.
If you have been injured or have suffered an illness whilst on holiday, either abroad or in the UK, you can contact Freeclaim Solicitors using our online enquiry form to find out if you are eligible to make a claim.
Freeclaim Solicitors have a specialist team of holiday accident solicitors, who have the knowledge and expertise required to help you to claim the compensation you deserve. All claims are carried out on a no win no fee basis as well, so there is no financial risk to you, and our friendly, supportive staff will assist you all the way through your claim.
Call today for a no obligation chat about your holiday abroad claim on 0800 612 7340.
We can also advise where another firm has rejected your claim or discontinued with your case. As travel holiday accident claims are very complex, our team can help advise you on whether you have a claim.
Please note there are strict time limits in these cases, therefore it is advisable to speak to an experienced holiday solicitor as soon as possible.
Making a holiday accident claim
To support your holiday abroad claim, you will need to provide as much proof as you can to support your claim.
- Make sure you report the injury, accident or illness to the relevant people e.g. hotel or B & B staff, tour rep or your travel company at the time of the accident itself.
- If there is an incident or log book, make note of your accident.
- Take contact details for any witnesses (or others who were taken ill at the same time).
- If possible, photographs of the scene of the accident are also useful and should be taken as soon as possible after the incident. Also photographs of your injuries.
- If you have received medical attention, retain all medical records and a note of any recommendations and prescriptions.
- It is useful if you can keep receipts for medical costs, travel expenses and any other charges resulting from your injury or illness.
These will help to support your claim and ensure you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to, as well as helping us to keep your claim stress-free.
Claiming compensation after a holiday accident is a complex area of law. In a lot of cases, you can claim in the UK. However sometimes your holiday compensation claim has to made abroad therefore you need to ensure you speak to solicitors who have the specific legal expertise in this area.
Freeclaim Solicitors have a specialist team holiday compensation lawyers who have a wealth of experience in this area and will make your complex claim a simple process for you.
In making a claim, we will consider the full impact of your illness or injuries to ensure you win the maximum amount of compensation. We will take into account:
- Your pain and suffering
- Current and future lost earnings
- Medical, travel and other costs
- The cost of any necessary adaptations to your home and lifestyle
- Any other financial losses resulting from your accident or illness
If you have suffered an injury or illness while on holiday abroad, speak to one of our specialist holiday accident claims solicitors today. Call our 24-hour helpline on 0800 612 7340 or fill in our online enquiry form.
Common holiday accident claims
- Road accidents abroad– including car, scooter and cycling accidents, or accidents travelling in a bus, coach or taxi.
- Holiday accidents or illnesses suffered at a holiday resort, hotel, villa or campsite.
- Accidents or illnesses which occurred on-board a cruise ship.
- Injuries sustained during water sports, skiing or other sporting activities.
- Package holiday compensation.
- Accidents or illnesses while working abroad.
- Illness brought on by poor hygiene or health and safety standards (e.g. food poisoning).
- Accidents or illnesses while at an airport or on-board a plane.
- Holiday claims for accidents during day trips or excursions.
- Swimming pool accidents.
- Slips, trips or falls whilst abroad or in the UK on holiday.
How we can help after an accident on holiday
Freeclaim Solicitors have more than 30 years’ of experience in helping holidaymakers claim the compensation they deserve after suffering an accident or illness. We are members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and are recommended by the Legal 500 so you can rest assured that we have the complex legal knowledge required to handle your case.
Our sympathetic, compassionate solicitors understand how suffering an accident or illness whilst on holiday can not only ruin your holiday at the time, but if you have been seriously injured, this can drastically change your life. We will do everything we can to win you the compensation you deserve, while keeping the process transparent and stress-free.
Call us on 0800 612 7340 to begin your holiday accident claim today. Our helpline is open 24 hours a day.
Holiday Compensation Case Studies
Here are just a few examples of holiday accident claims we have dealt with:
- Mrs M was a passenger in a car involved in an accident during a holiday abroad. She suffered a broken neck, wrist and foot. Her injuries have left her with limited mobility. Freeclaim Solicitors were able to recover £96,000 in holiday accident compensation.
- Mr W suffered an injury whilst on holiday in Spain. He suffered deep cuts to his leg while using the hotel swimming pool. The swimming pool was found to have damaged concrete columns. Our holiday accident compensation solicitors won him £10,000 in compensation.